The Film Editor works to create film content that carries the message of awakening hearts and minds to see and savor Jesus. As a Film Editor at Passion, you will be editing a diverse body of work and you have to be as equally skilled and excited about the :30 talking-head spot as the long-form narrative piece. Success in this role requires creative stamina; the ability to stay inspired and productive through tight deadlines, tough feedback, and tricky briefs. You will need to give and receive constructive feedback and work collaboratively with each ministry in our House.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works collaboratively with film team to shape concepts for film projects across Passion
• Proactively contributes conceptual and executional ideas to improve quality of end product
• Actively shares new editing techniques, style inspiration and reference visuals to inspire film team
• Collaborates early and often with film team and helps develop treatment decks, editing and storyboards
• Collaborates with film team and ministries during the edit process
• Actively collaborates with film team to ensure storytelling narratives are captured
• Working with powerful storytelling in mind, offers multiple edit options
• Effectively manages time and tasks with multiple projects and deadlines
• Proactively communicates ideas and opportunities for visual storytelling throughout the post-production process
• Work alongside film team members on video shoots as necessary
• Work alongside film team to problem solve for the edit during shoots
This job description in no way states or implies that the ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES are the only responsibilities of this position. The employee is required to follow any other reasonable instruction and perform any other reasonable duties at the request of the supervisor or other senior management personnel.
Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm and all day Sunday
Schedule varies based on needs of film projects
Manages and leads Door Holders on a regular basis. Manages contractors as needed.
Film Team Manager
AN IDEAL INDIVIDUAL
• Minimum of 2+ years experience in editing
• Extensive understanding of filmmaking process, especially post-production
• Strong knowledge in Adobe Premiere or Davinci and After Effects
• Coloring proficiency (Adobe Premiere &/or Davinci Resolve)
• Ability to edit in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Great time management skills & ability to work under pressure
• Working knowledge of different codecs and their uses
• Ability to work well independently and with a team, depending on the project
• Proactive and excellent ability to problem solve
• Detail-oriented and highly organized
• Attention to detail with project labeling and file management
• Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
• Portfolio available online
• Loves Jesus, the people of Passion City Church, the city of Atlanta and the world.
• Willingness to adapt and be flexible, while working above and beyond expectations.
• Acts as an advocate of the culture and vision of Passion.
• Low drama, high-momentum, high-capacity, positivity, over-comer, dreamer, creative and can-do-whatever-it-takes attitude.
• High level of initiative and ability to take a proactive approach to work.
• Perform job duties with a sense of urgency and excellence.
• Actively participates in the life of Passion City Church