Act as the lighting designer for Passion gatherings and events by creating excellent and inspiring visual experiences. A positive, team-oriented, kingdom-minded individual who models initiative, service, and accuracy as they play a pivotal role on the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program world-class lighting and visual experiences for gatherings and events.
- Work closely with the lead lighting designer to ensure alignment with Passion style.
- Participate in production design implementation for all environments.
- Grow a team of Doorholders & contractors that are experts on lighting design and execution
- Maintain all lighting systems to excellent, clean, neat, organized, updated, functioning states.
- Work with the lead lighting designer on the creative production design process.
- Collaborate with the production manager(s) to ensure all necessary production design documentation is created ahead of load in.
- Ensure all programming basics are consistently updated and accurate across all rooms.
- Be knowledgeable of any updates to all relevant lighting gear.
- Design and propose system upgrades and expansions.
- Coordinate the repair all lighting-related equipment.
- Develop your skill by regularly attending concerts and other live environments for inspiration.
- Serve at requested Passion gatherings, events and tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that the ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES are the only responsibilities of this position. The employee is required to follow any other reasonable instruction and perform any other reasonable duties at the request of the supervisor or other senior management personnel.
Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm + all day Sunday.
Lead Lighting Designer
AN IDEAL INDIVIDUAL
- Two to four years of experience in live event production is required.
- Proficient on GrandMA lighting consoles, D3 media servers, Vectorworks, and WYSIWYG.
- Can quickly evaluate multiple scenarios to determine the best possible outcome.
- Likes last-minute curveballs and has the “get it done” gene.
- Loves to learn as much as one can about equipment and design.
- Can operate off of limited information to execute a completed plan
- Loves Jesus, the people of Passion City Church, the city of Atlanta and the world.
- Willingness to adapt and be flexible, while working above and beyond expectations.
- Acts as an advocate of the culture and vision of Passion.
- Low drama, high-momentum, high-capacity, positivity, over-comer, dreamer, creative-can-do-whatever-it-takes attitude.
- High level of initiative and ability to take a proactive approach to work.
- Performs job duties on time with excellence.
- Actively participates in the life of Passion City Church.